Monday, October 10, 2016

OUAT's "The Other Shoe" and other new costumes too!

OUAT was off to a disappointing start, with a fairly boring premiere and no new costumes. However, it picked up steam this week with great dialogue, intriguing mysteries, and a plenthora of gorgeous pieces.

SPOILERS AHOY! (click read more to continue)



I don't often detail costumes from Storybrooke, but Belle is often the exception. This episode gave us one of her best costumes in awhile, with this gorgeous maroon dress. Beautiful lace and heirloom details - I want it!




These may be the least ugly dresses I've ever seen on any incarnation of Cinderella's Stepsisters. They're not gorgeous, but they're kind of... cute???


Clorinda looks pretty awesome here! Loving those sleeves and that bodice!


Bodice detailing.




I covered Cinderealla's gown in my initial "Once Upon a Time" costume post, but here is a nice new view of her bodice.


In a fun homage, we got a brief look at OUAT's version of Cinderella's mother's pink dress. Wish we could have seen more of it!


OUAT loves using prom dresses for fantasy ball dresses. I'm not a fan of the trend, but Clorinda's dress is gorgeous. Love the Indian design influences.


 Also, note the Hester Prynne Easter Egg!


Lady Tremaine got some great costumes in this episode too.


I am really loving the scarf detail!


It may not be the iconic maroon from the cartoon, but this lavender-hued gray still conveys the essence of her memorable look.


I love this outfit on Lady Tremaine. It seems very inspired by Cate Blanchette's wardrobe in the new movie, but also fits the Land of Untold Stories quite well. And she just looks pretty epic toting that gun!


Snow get's a lovely new gown in this episode as well. I could be wrong, but I believe we have not seen her in this style before.


Full length shot showing the skirt.


This was the best shot I could get of the embellishment details. Given how "Outlander" has brought this historical style into public focus, I have to wonder if it was an influence.


Back view of the gown, showing lacing and peplum.


As we are now in our sixth season of the show, it is getting a little difficult to keep track of all of the costumes. I am not remembering this cloak - is it new for this episode, or have we seen it before?


Whether it is new or not, it fits Snow beautifully and those details are wonderful.


Just LOVING The 3D flowers!


Back to Storybrooke - I am not sure how I feel about Emma's new trend of flowy white blouses. I get that they are trying to show her acceptance of a) her Savior role and b) her fairy tale  heritage, but it just...doesn't seem to fit Emma's personality at all. Just too delicate and feminine for her character (although it looks lovely on Jennifer Morrison.)

Want more OUAT? Check out my analysis of "The Other Shoe" over on my personal blog!

No comments: