Saturday, April 2, 2016

Want to start Machine Embroidery? Keep an eye on Hancock Fabrics

Hancock Fabrics filed for bankrupcy in February and their liquidation sales began yesterday. That means that currently all of their sewing machines are 20% off. This includes the Brother HE1 ($279.99 today), which I mention because it is identical to the embroidery features of the machine I have.

(I have the SE400 which is also a sewing machine - see comparison here. However getting an embroidery only machine is totally fine because it's a pain to switch back and forth between sewing and embroidery so I recommend having two machines anyhow. )

The Janomi mini is also on sale ($63.99 today)! I have an older version of this machine (mine is teal) and have been tremendously impressed by it's ability for such a small machine. Perfect for travel, small quilting/mending projects, or a child's first sewing machine.

I paid $70 for my Janome mini, and $300 for my Brother SE400. Even keeping in mind that the HE1 lacks the regular sewing features, I would still consider this a very good deal on both machines - but if you want to play roulette, you can wait and see if they end up discounting machines further in a month.


No comments: