Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween through the years.

Costumes have always been big in my family. My sister and I will don them at the slightest invitation, and sometimes just for random photoshoots. So, as you can imagine, we've always enjoyed Halloween. 


I blame my parents for the beginning. I mean, yes, it's a banana, but a pretty cute one, if I do say so myself!


Then began my obsession with Robin Hood. My brother and I wanted to go as Robin Hood and Maid Marian from the Disney version, so my parents had to figure out how to make us look like foxes. I think they succeeded!


Star Wars was a bit easier to pull off, even if my hair barely made it up into tiny buns and my sister needed another galactic princess invented for her. 


My sister's birthday falls just five days before Halloween, so we've had more than a few costume birthdays for her. This was the year she wanted us all to dress up as a decade from the 20th century. She was the 50's, I was the 70's. (My parents even dressed up for that one, but I'm going to spare them the internet fame here).


And this was us dressing up for the harvest festival at church. She was a crazy artist, I was Agatha Heterodyne from Girl Genius. No one knew who I was, of course, but I still felt cool.

And this year? Well, you'll just have to check back tomorrow to find out! 

No comments: